Friday, June 13, 2008

Denying the rumors

The Cold Minds arrives in bookstores on June 24th. My first advance copy arrived yesterday. And I was immensely cool about it.

I so did not rip the envelope open and wave the book in front of my kids. Nor did I do any dancing around, nor did I riffle through the pages and sniff the fresh paper-and-ink new-book smell.

And it is completely untrue that I then bolted upstairs to my office and lined it up on my bookshelf spine out next to The Hidden Worlds. Nor did I grin at seeing two different novels with my name on the spine, side by side.

You see, I'm a professional.

4 comments:

mythusmage said...

On you're certainly not gloating about your plans to switch from generic bologna to Oscar Mayer bologna for a week starting July 1st.

(Would be 2 weeks, but them locusts who say they're your kids have plans of their own.)

Kristin Landon said...

Totally not gloating, mythusmage. See, sometimes with the right combination of coupons I can get the Oscar Mayer without publishing a novel first.

Minor correction, though. My kids aren't locusts; around my house we refer to them as "the Visigoths." It gives us something to laugh about of a Sunday afternoon as we contemplate dinner: a couple of wilted lettuce leaves and one-eighth of a carton of OJ.

Tia Nevitt said...

We NEVER suspect you of doing any of those things!

I read your excerpt and I can't WAIT to read how . . . ok, maybe everyone has not read the excerpt yet, so I'll shut up now.

Kristin Landon said...

Well, it's out there now, Tia!