Monday, June 29, 2009

The more things change. . . .

I’m told I have a book coming out tomorrow. . . .

This is the oddest release day so far, for me; I am off on a family vacation at the beach, and I haven’t even seen a published copy of The Dark Reaches yet. The vacation is a bit more relaxing as a result; two years ago my entire family was reading The Hidden Worlds while I twisted slowly, slowly in the wind, unable to read anything. Oh, they all liked it, but having family read my work was an oddly unnerving experience. Perhaps it’s because I respect their opinions so much—my parents and brother are all published writers, and though I’m the first to publish a novel, I still came late to the party.

But, that didn’t happen this year. This year The Dark Reaches is getting some attention that makes me very happy indeed.

Heather Massey at her excellent blog The Galaxy Express is profiling my books for her "Catch a Rising Star" feature. The first part, a look at the trilogy and some links to past reviews and interviews, went up yesterday. The second part, an interview and a giveaway of two signed copies of the trilogy, is coming soon. I can’t wait.

Also, a fun interview about The Dark Reaches has been posted on the SF/fantasy page at the Penguin website. The questions were posed by my editor, Anne Sowards, and she zeroed in on some interesting points!

And that isn’t all that’s coming. . . .

But enough for now. I'm posting from a balcony overlooking the beach, it's a bright, sunny morning, and there's coffee. Virtuous writerly tasks will just have to wait!

No comments: